Any individual certified will need to recertify in 3 years and may do so through demonstrating participation in educational and professional seminars, whether offered by ECFC or another approved CFCI-taught source. Each designation requires a specific number of continuing education (CE) units to be earned. The number of instruction or teaching hours required is significant because the ECFC Education Committee feels that flex is evolving quickly through the practice and interpretations of the law by officials. At the present time, recertification examinations are not contemplated.
- To renew your FCS certification, you must demonstrate that you have earned 12 CE units.
- The FCS Recertification fee for ECFC members and non-members is $75.00.
- FCS Recertification Form
- To renew your CFC certification, you must demonstrate that you have earned 25 CE units.
- The CFC Recertification fee for ECFC members is $150.00. The CFC Recertification fee for non-members is $300.00.
- CFC Recertification Form
- To renew your CFCI certification, you must demonstrate that you have earned 45 CE units.
- The CFCI Recertification fee is $150.00. The CFCI Recertification fee for non-ECFC members is $300.00.
- CFCI Certification Upgrade Form
- CFCI Recertification Form
For more information on continuing education units and how to receive credit for non-ECFC conferences and course, view our Continuing Education Units page.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
The FCS, CFC, and CAS are administered by the Flexible Compensation Institute, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of ECFC.